Canada–Newfoundland and Labrador Atlantic Accord Implementation Act
Marginal note:Board consisting of seven members
Marginal note:Federal and Provincial appointees
(2) Three members of the Board are to be appointed by the Federal Government, three by the Provincial Government and the Chairman of the Board is to be appointed by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
(3) One or two members of the Board may be designated to be vice-chairmen of the Board if they are so designated by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
Marginal note:Designation by both governments
(4) The designation of a vice-chairman of the Board pursuant to subsection (3) is effective after both governments have each made the designation.
Marginal note:Alternate members
(5) Each government may appoint one alternate member to act as a member of the Board in the absence of any of the members of the Board appointed by that government.
Marginal note:Joint appointees
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (2) or (5), any member or alternate member of the Board may be appointed by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government.
- Date modified: