Marginal note:Reduction of rate: “L” staging
47 (1) For the purpose of giving effect to paragraphs X, XI and XII in the portion of the Tariff Schedule of Canada referred to in Annex C-02.2 of the Canada–Chile Free Trade Agreement, entitled “Tariff Elimination — Staging Category Descriptions”, the Governor in Council may, by order, amend the List of Tariff Provisions and the “F” Staging List to reduce, for the period and subject to the conditions that are specified in the order, the initial rate for goods of a tariff item entitled to the Chile Tariff in respect of which “L” is set out in the column entitled “Preferential Tariff” in the List of Tariff Provisions following the abbreviation “CT” in that tariff item.
Marginal note:Increase of rate
(2) For the purpose of giving effect to paragraph 4 of Article C-14 of the Canada–Chile Free Trade Agreement in respect of agricultural goods, the Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister, by order, amend the List of Tariff Provisions and the “F” Staging List to increase, for the period and subject to the conditions specified in the order, the Chile Tariff rate of customs duty that applies to those goods, but the rate may not exceed the Most-Favoured-Nation Tariff rate in effect on the coming into force of the order.
Marginal note:Period and repeal of order
(3) An order made under subsection (2)
(a) remains in effect, subject to this section, for the period that is specified in the order; and
(b) may, notwithstanding any other provision of this section, be amended at any time by the Governor in Council, unless, before that time, a resolution directing that the order cease to have effect has been adopted by both Houses of Parliament under subsection (4).
Marginal note:Resolution of Parliament of cessation
(4) If a resolution directing that an order made under subsection (2) cease to have effect is adopted by both Houses of Parliament, the order ceases to have effect on the day that the resolution is adopted or, if the adopted resolution specifies a day on which the order ceases to have effect, on that specified day.
Marginal note:Notice in Canada Gazette
(5) If an order ceases to have effect under subsection (4), the Minister shall publish a notice to that effect in the Canada Gazette.
Marginal note:Ceases to be in force
(6) This section ceases to be in force on December 31, 2002.
- Date modified: