Naskapi and the Cree-Naskapi Commission Act
Marginal note:Appointment of auditor
93 (1) For each fiscal year, the electors of a band shall, at a special band meeting or referendum at which at least five per cent of the electors voted on the matter,
(a) appoint a duly accredited auditor and fix or provide for his remuneration; or
(b) authorize the council to appoint a duly accredited auditor and to fix or provide for his remuneration.
Marginal note:Where band fails to make appointment
(2) Where no auditor has been appointed under subsection (1) within three months after the beginning of a fiscal year, the Minister may appoint an auditor for that fiscal year and fix his remuneration.
Marginal note:Term of office
(3) The auditor appointed pursuant to subsection (1) or (2) holds office until he is re-appointed, or a new auditor is appointed, under subsection (1) or (2).
Marginal note:Where vacancy occurs
(4) Where a vacancy occurs during the term of the auditor, the band shall forthwith appoint a new auditor for the remainder of the term of the former auditor and shall fix the new auditor’s remuneration.
Marginal note:Where band fails to act
(5) Where a band fails to act pursuant to subsection (4), the Minister may appoint a new auditor and fix his remuneration, and shall so inform the band in writing.
Marginal note:Band to pay remuneration
(6) In all cases the auditor’s remuneration shall be paid by the band.
- Date modified: