Canada Business Corporations Act
Marginal note:Disclosure to Director
21.3 (1) A corporation to which section 21.1 applies shall disclose to the Director, on request, any information in its register of individuals with significant control.
Marginal note:Access — affidavit
(2) Shareholders and creditors of the corporation or their personal representatives, on sending to the corporation or its agent or mandatary the affidavit referred to in subsection (3), may on application require the corporation or its agent or mandatary to allow the applicant access to the register of the corporation referred to in subsection 21.1(1) during the usual business hours of the corporation and, on payment of a reasonable fee, provide the applicant with an extract from that register.
(3) The affidavit required under subsection (2) shall contain
(a) the name and address of the applicant;
(b) the name and address for service of the body corporate, if the applicant is a body corporate; and
(c) a statement that any information obtained under subsection (2) will not be used except as permitted under subsection (5).
Marginal note:Application by body corporate
(4) If the applicant is a body corporate, the affidavit shall be made by a director or officer of the body corporate.
Marginal note:Use of information
(5) Information obtained under subsection (2) shall not be used by any person except in connection with
(a) an effort to influence the voting of shareholders of the corporation;
(b) an offer to acquire securities of the corporation; or
(c) any other matter relating to the affairs of the corporation.
(6) A person who, without reasonable cause, contravenes subsection (5) is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.
- 2018, c. 27, s. 183
- Date modified: