Canada Business Corporations Act
209 (1) When a body corporate is dissolved under this Part or under section 268 of this Act, section 261 of chapter 33 of the Statutes of Canada, 1974-75-76, or subsection 297(6) of the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, any interested person may apply to the Director to have the body corporate revived as a corporation under this Act.
Marginal note:Articles of revival
(2) Articles of revival in the form that the Director fixes shall be sent to the Director.
Marginal note:Certificate of revival
(3) On receipt of articles of revival, the Director shall issue a certificate of revival in accordance with section 262, if
(a) the body corporate has fulfilled all conditions precedent that the Director considers reasonable; and
(b) there is no valid reason for refusing to issue the certificate.
Marginal note:Date of revival
(3.1) A body corporate is revived as a corporation under this Act on the date shown on the certificate of revival.
Marginal note:Rights preserved
(4) Subject to any reasonable terms that may be imposed by the Director, to the rights acquired by any person after its dissolution and to any changes to the internal affairs of the corporation after its dissolution, the revived corporation is, in the same manner and to the same extent as if it had not been dissolved,
(a) restored to its previous position in law, including the restoration of any rights and privileges whether arising before its dissolution or after its dissolution and before its revival; and
(b) liable for the obligations that it would have had if it had not been dissolved whether they arise before its dissolution or after its dissolution and before its revival.
Marginal note:Legal actions
(5) Any legal action respecting the affairs of a revived corporation taken between the time of its dissolution and its revival is valid and effective.
Definition of interested person
(6) In this section, interested person includes
(a) a shareholder, a director, an officer, an employee and a creditor of the dissolved corporation;
(b) a person who has a contractual relationship with the dissolved corporation;
(c) a person who, although at the time of dissolution of the corporation was not a person described in paragraph (a), would be such a person if a certificate of revival is issued under this section; and
(d) a trustee in bankruptcy for the dissolved corporation.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-44, s. 209
- 2001, c. 14, s. 102
- 2009, c. 23, s. 310
- Date modified: