5. (1) The appropriate Minister shall protect the integrity of every requisition made by the Minister until the requisition is received by the Receiver General.
(2) The Receiver General shall protect the integrity of every requisition from the time it is received by the Receiver General until it is verified in accordance with section 6.
6. (1) The Receiver General shall not make a payment or settlement in respect of a requisition unless the Receiver General has
(a) verified that the requisition is authentic and has been certified by a person duly authorized under subsection 33(1) of the Act; and
(b) if the requisition has been made in the form of an electronic instruction issued by on-line transfer, acknowledged receipt of the requisition.
(2) The appropriate Minister shall, for the purpose of subsection (1), provide the Receiver General with the information required to identify the person who has certified the requisition.
COMING INTO FORCE
8. These Regulations come into force on February 23, 1998.
- Date modified: