25. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (7), no person shall mark or label Category I or Category II equipment contrary to the requirements set out in the applicable standards.
(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude labelling for purposes unrelated to this Part or pursuant to other legislation.
(3) No person shall remove, replace or alter a label that has been affixed in accordance with applicable standards.
(4) No person shall mark, label or otherwise indicate that Category I or Category II equipment complies with applicable standards, unless that equipment complies with those standards.
(5) No person shall mark, label or otherwise indicate that Category I or Category II equipment has been certified as complying with applicable standards unless a TAC or a certificate referred to in any of paragraphs 21(1)(a) to (c) has been issued in respect of the equipment and the equipment complies with the standards under which the TAC or certificate was issued.
(6) No person shall mark, label or otherwise indicate how to modify Category I or Category II equipment so that it will not comply with applicable standards.
(7) Subsections (1) to (6) do not apply to equipment that was labelled before the coming into force of these Regulations.
- SOR/2001-533, s. 11.
PART IVRADIO OPERATOR CERTIFICATES
26. (1) This Part applies in respect of radio operator certificates set out in this subsection and in Schedule I:
(a) Restricted Operator Certificate with one or more of the following qualifications:
(i) Aeronautical Qualification,
(ii) Land Qualification, and
(iii) Maritime Qualification;
(b) General Operator Certificate;
(c) Radiocommunication Operator General Certificate (Maritime);
(d) First-Class Radioelectronic Certificate; and
(e) Amateur Radio Operator Certificate with one or more of the following qualifications:
(i) Basic Qualification,
(ii) Morse Code (5 w.p.m.) Qualification,
(iii) Morse Code (12 w.p.m.) Qualification, and
(iv) Advanced Qualification.
(2) A radio operator certificate set out in column I of an item of Schedule I is equivalent to the radio operator certificate set out in column II of that item.
Eligibility for Radio Operator Certificates
27. The following persons are eligible to be issued a radio operator certificate set out in subsection 26(1):
(a) an individual who has passed the examinations set by the Minister in respect of the radio operator certificate being applied for;
(b) an individual who has met reissuance requirements or the requirements for the issuance of an equivalent certificate, set out in section 28; or
(c) an individual who is a citizen of a country other than Canada if
(i) the individual is the holder of an authorization that is issued by the responsible administration of that country and that corresponds with the applicable radio operator certificate set out in subsection 26(1), and
(ii) a reciprocal arrangement that establishes correspondence between radio operator certificates is in effect between the responsible administrations of Canada and that country.
- Date modified: