Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order
The Ontario Pork Producers’ Marketing Board, pursuant to sections 3Footnote a and 4a of the Ontario Pork Producers’ Marketing OrderFootnote b, hereby makes the annexed Ontario Hog Charges (Interprovincial and Export) Order.
Etobicoke, Ontario, September 11, 1996
1. The definitions in this section apply in this Order.
- “Commodity Board”
“Commodity Board” means the Ontario Pork Producers’ Marketing Board established pursuant to the Farm Products Marketing Act of Ontario. (Office)
“hogs” means hogs produced in Ontario. (porcs)
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of hogs. (producteur)
- SOR/97-166, s. 1(F).
2. Subject to sections 3 and 4, this Order applies only to the marketing of hogs in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated in the Province of Ontario.
3. This Order does not apply to producers in the County of Haliburton and the Territorial Districts of Ontario except for the Territorial Districts of Cochrane and Timiskaming.
4. This Order does not apply to hogs marketed for any purpose except slaughter.
5. Every producer shall pay to the Commodity Board a charge at the rate of $1.65 for each hog marketed in interprovincial or export trade by or on the producer’s behalf.
- SOR/97-166, s. 2;
- SOR/98-198, s. 1;
- SOR/2004-180, s. 1;
- SOR/2004-256, s. 1;
- SOR/2004-303, s. 1;
- SOR/2005-13, s. 1;
- SOR/2008-243, s. 1;
- SOR/2009-6, s. 1.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
6. (1) Where hogs are marketed through the Commodity Board, the Commodity Board shall deduct the charge imposed pursuant to section 5 from the moneys payable by the Commodity Board to the producer for the sale of the hogs.
(2) Where the charge payable in respect of hogs marketed by or on behalf of a producer has not been deducted in the manner described in subsection (1), the producer shall remit the charge to the Commodity Board at its office located at 15 Waulron Street, Etobicoke, Ontario, no later than the 15th day of the month following the month in which the hogs were marketed.
COMING INTO FORCE
7. This Order comes into force on September 12, 1996.
- Date modified: