Authority to Sell Veterinary Drugs Fees Regulations
P.C. 1994-2170 1994-12-28
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of National Health and Welfare and the Treasury Board, pursuant to paragraph 19.1(1)(a)Footnote * of the Financial Administration Act, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Regulations prescribing the fees to be paid by certain persons or classes of persons on whom the right or privilege to sell a drug is conferred by the Minister of National Health and Welfare by the assignment of an identification number in respect of the drug.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1991, c. 24, s. 6
1. [Repealed, SOR/2011-80, s. 2]
2. (1) In these Regulations,
- “annual wholesale sales”
“annual wholesale sales” means the wholesale sales of a drug in the most recently completed fiscal year preceding the day on which a fee is required to be paid under these Regulations in respect of the drug; (ventes en gros annuelles)
- “identification number”
“identification number” means a number, preceded by the letters “DIN” or “GP”, that is assigned for a drug in accordance with subsection C.01.014.2(1) of the Food and Drug Regulations. (identification numérique)
3. (1) This section applies to a person who has applied for an identification number for a drug of a type set out in column I of the schedule if
(a) an identification number has been assigned for the drug; and
(b) the person has submitted a notification under section C.01.014.3 of the Food and Drug Regulations that the drug is being sold in Canada.
(2) A person to whom this section applies shall pay, in respect of each drug referred to in subsection (1),
(a) the applicable fee set out in column II of the schedule, where the person’s annual wholesale sales of the drug in Canada are $20,000 or more; or
(b) a fee of $50, where the person’s annual wholesale sales of the drug in Canada are less than $20,000.
(3) A fee referred to in subsection (2) shall be paid annually at the time the notification under section C.01.014.5 of the Food and Drug Regulations is furnished to the Director, and is in respect of the 12-month period commencing on October 1 in the year in which it is required to be paid.
(4) This section does not apply in respect of a drug if the identification number for the drug has been cancelled pursuant to the Food and Drug Regulations.
4. [Repealed, SOR/2011-80, s. 3]
5. [Repealed, SOR/2011-80, s. 3]
- Date modified: