16. [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 9]
ADDITIONAL OBLIGATIONS OF SYSTEM VENDORS
17. (1) A system vendor shall allow any carrier the opportunity to participate in its distribution facilities and service enhancements, subject to any technical constraints that are outside the control of the system vendor.
(2) A system vendor shall not require, as a condition for participation in its system, the purchase or sale of any other goods or services.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 10;
- SOR/2009-167, s. 3(F).
18. (1) A system vendor shall apply the same standards of care and promptness in loading the information of each participating carrier.
(2) Where a system vendor provides special loading capability to any participating carrier, it shall offer the same capability to all other participating carriers as soon as this is technically feasible.
(3) A system vendor shall provide on request by any participating carrier all current database update procedures and data formats related to schedule and fare processing.
19. A system vendor is not required to display information provided by a carrier that will not enter into a contract with the system vendor in accordance with these Regulations.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 11.
20. [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 11]
21. (1) The billing for the services of a system shall be in a form and of sufficient detail to allow a participating carrier to verify promptly and exactly which services have been used and the fees for those services.
(2) The billing referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided by an electronic medium that is compatible with the electronic medium used by the participating carrier and shall include the following information for each billable segment:
(a) the type of CRS booking;
(b) the (booking) status code;
(c) the booking/cancellation indicator;
(d) the PNR record locator number;
(e) the passenger name;
(f) the country of origin;
(g) the IATA/ARC/BSP agency identification code, or other information identifying the agency;
(h) the pseudo-city code;
(i) the CRS transaction date (booking date);
(j) the city-pair or segment;
(k) the flight date;
(l) the flight number; and
(m) the class of service.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 12.
22. (1) A system vendor shall ensure that its distribution facilities are separated by software, either physically or logically, in a clear and verifiable manner from any hosting services that are provided to a carrier.
(2) A system vendor shall ensure equality of treatment of hosted and non-hosted carriers in respect of procedures, protocols, inputs and outputs.
(3) A system vendor shall offer to participating carriers interfaces that are compatible with the relevant, generally accepted industry standards.
- Date modified: