11. (1) A system vendor shall allow a subscriber, from time to time and at no additional cost, to select one of the displays conforming with these Regulations to be the default display, and shall not override that selection.
(2) A default display shall be at least as useful to subscribers, in terms of the basic functions or service enhancements offered and the ease with which those functions or service enhancements can be performed or implemented, as any other display offered by the system vendor.
(3) For greater certainty, in response to a stated consumer preference, another display may be requested for each transaction without the default display appearing.
(4) [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 6]
- SOR/2004-91, s. 6;
- SOR/2009-167, s. 2(F).
12. Where a system vendor provides information limited to fares, the fares shall be displayed in a neutral and non-discriminatory manner and shall include at least the fares provided to the system vendor by the carrier or charterer for each class of service offered by that carrier or charterer for flights included in the displays.
13. (1) A system vendor shall not intentionally or negligently display incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information in its system.
(2) Where a system vendor knows that a carrier has provided inaccurate or misleading information about its air services or about the identity of the carriers operating its air services, the system vendor shall inform the carriers and the subscribers.
14. (1) Every participating carrier shall ensure that the information that it has agreed to supply to a system vendor is accurate and non-misleading.
(2) Every participating carrier shall ensure that flights involving stops en route, changes of aircraft, carrier or airport or segments carried out by other modes of transportation are clearly identified to the system vendor.
(3) Where flights are operated by a carrier other than the carrier identified by the carrier designator code, the carrier whose designator code is being used shall ensure that the carrier operating the flight is, except in the case of short-term ad hoc arrangements, clearly indicated to the system vendor.
(4) A charterer who provides information respecting charter air services to a system vendor shall provide the information in accordance with subsections (1) to (3).
(5) A participating carrier or a charterer may provide information referred to in subsections (1) to (3) directly or through an intermediary acceptable to the participating carrier and system vendor.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 7.
CONSTRUCTING CONNECTING FLIGHTS
15. (1) A system vendor shall not use any factors that relate, directly or indirectly, to carrier identity in constructing connecting flights for a display.
(2) to (4) [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 8]
(5) A system vendor shall provide to all subscribers and participating carriers, on request, current information about
(a) all connecting points for each market;
(b) all criteria used to select connecting points;
(c) all criteria used to edit connecting flights; and
(d) the weight given to each criterion referred to in paragraphs (b) and (c).
- SOR/2004-91, s. 8.
- Date modified: