3. These Regulations apply in respect of systems that are operated in Canada for the purpose of displaying or selling air services, irrespective of
(a) the legal status or nationality of the system vendor;
(b) the source of the information used or the location of the relevant data processing centre; and
(c) where the air services are provided.
4. These Regulations do not apply in respect of systems that are used by a carrier and its affiliates or a charterer, in their own offices and at their own sales counters, or to carrier Internet websites.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 2.
5. Nothing in these Regulations exempts any person from the operation of the Competition Act or the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 2.
6. to 8. [Repealed, SOR/2004-91, s. 3]
9. (1) A system vendor shall ensure that all displays in a system respecting information provided by the participating carrier about the schedules, fares, rules or availability of that participating carrier meet the requirements of these Regulations.
(2) A system vendor shall ensure that, except in response to requests for information limited to specific carriers, these displays are comprehensive, neutral and non-discriminatory.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 4.
10. (1) A system vendor shall construct and order the information in the displays referred to in section 9 in a manner that is applied consistently to all participating carriers and to all city-pair markets within each display.
(2) In ordering the information in these displays, a system vendor shall not use any factor that relates, directly or indirectly, to carrier identity.
(3) A system vendor shall, in constructing and ordering flights to or from a city with more than one airport, ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of airport served when that city is requested as the origin or destination.
(4) A system vendor shall ensure that flights involving stops en route, changes of aircraft, carrier or airport or segments carried out by other modes of transportation are clearly identified.
(5) Subject to subsection (6), a system vendor shall include charter air services in these displays and shall clearly indicate that they are charter air services.
(6) Where more than one charterer is offering charter air service on the same flight in a city-pair market, a system vendor shall ensure that the service appears only once in these displays and that the charterers who are offering this service are clearly indicated.
(7) A system vendor shall ensure that tourism products are not included in these displays.
(8) A system vendor shall not create or maintain any function that automatically prefers one or more participating carriers over other participating carriers.
(9) Where a system vendor chooses to display, for any city-pair market, information about the schedules or fares of non-participating carriers, the information shall be displayed in the same manner for all the non-participating carriers that the system vendor chooses to display.
(10) A system vendor shall provide to any person, on request, the current criteria used in constructing and ordering flights for these displays and the weight given to each criterion.
- SOR/2004-91, s. 5.
- Date modified: