57. (1) An employer who refers the position in dispute to the Board under subsection 78.2(1) of the Act shall file with the Secretary a list that sets out the job title, position or work description, position number, classification, department or agency and geographic location of the position.
(2) Forthwith on the filing of a list referred to in subsection (1), the employer shall provide a copy of the list to the bargaining agent.
58. On the designation by the Board of a position under subsection 78.1(6) or (10) of the Act, the chairperson shall send a notice of the designation to the parties.
59. Sections 55 to 58 and 60 apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of a position that is reviewed pursuant to section 78.4 of the Act.
60. (1) For the purposes of section 78.5 of the Act, the Board, or if authorized by the Board, the employer, shall inform an employee occupying a designated position of the designation by providing to that employee a notice in Form 13 of the schedule no later than on the thirtieth day after the day on which
(a) a notice of designation is sent to the employer pursuant to subsection 78.2(4) of the Act, or section 58; or
(b) an employee first occupies a designated position.
(2) Where the Board or the employer, as the case may be, provides a notice referred to in subsection (1) to the employee occupying the designated position, the Board or the employer shall provide, forthwith, a copy of the notice to the employee organization that is certified as the bargaining agent for the bargaining unit in which the employee is a member.
PART VIIDISPUTE PROCESS SPECIFICATION
61. Where the Board certifies an employee organization as the bargaining agent for a bargaining unit, the bargaining agent shall specify the process for resolution of any dispute to which it may be a party, by filing the specification, in duplicate, with the Secretary.
62. A bargaining agent that filed a specification pursuant to section 61 may apply to the Board to record an alteration in the process for resolution of a dispute that is applicable to the bargaining unit in respect of which the bargaining agent is certified, by filing an alteration of specification with the Secretary
(a) before the day on which notice to bargain collectively is given under paragraph 50(2)(a) of the Act; or
(b) during the period beginning on a day that is one month before notice to bargain collectively may be given under paragraph 50(2)(b) of the Act and ending on the day on which the notice to bargain collectively is given under that paragraph.
PART VIIIGRIEVANCE PROCESS AND ADJUDICATION PROCEDURE
63. Notwithstanding anything in this Part, the times prescribed by this Part or provided for in a grievance procedure contained in a collective agreement or in an arbitral award for the doing of any act, the presentation of a grievance at any level or the providing or filing of any notice, reply or document may be extended, either before or after the expiration of those times
(a) by agreement between the parties; or
(b) by the Board, on the application of an employer, an employee or a bargaining agent, on such terms and conditions as the Board considers advisable.
- Date modified: