Children’s Special Allowance Regulations
Regulations Respecting the Children’s Special Allowances
P.C. 1992-2713 1992-12-29
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of National Health and Welfare, pursuant to paragraph 4(1)(a), sections 5 and 6, subsection 9(3) and sections 11 and 13 of the Children’s Special Allowances ActFootnote *, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Regulations respecting the children’s special allowances.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1992, c. 48, s. 23(1) (Sch.)
2. In these Regulations,
“Act” means the Children’s Special Allowances Act; (Loi)
“applicant” means a department, agency or institution referred to in subsection 3(1) of the Act; (demandeur)
“application” means an application for a special allowance made under subsection 4(1) of the Act. (demande)
APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL ALLOWANCE
3. (1) An application for a special allowance by an applicant in respect of a child shall be addressed to the Minister, in writing or in an electronic format that is compatible with the one used by the latter, and shall contain the following information:
(a) the full name of the child;
(b) the date and place of birth of the child;
(c) the name, address and telephone number of the applicant;
(d) the signature of the chief executive officer of the applicant; and
(e) the date on which the child began to be maintained by the applicant.
(2) Where a child is residing in the private home of foster parents and payment of the special allowance is to be made directly to one of the foster parents, the application shall contain the name and address of the foster parent.
- SOR/99-326, s. 1.
APPROVAL OF APPLICATION
4. (1) On receipt of an application, the Minister shall examine the application and any information and evidence that is legally authorized to be furnished in connection therewith.
(2) If, after the examination referred to in subsection (1), it appears that the applicant is eligible to receive a special allowance, the Minister shall approve the application.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/97-35, s. 1]
- SOR/97-35, s. 1.
PAYMENT TO FOSTER PARENT
5. Where payment of a special allowance has been approved, the special allowance shall be paid to the foster parent if the child on behalf of whom the special allowance is being paid resides in the private home of foster parents and the information required by subsection 3(2) has been provided.
6. (1) Where a special allowance ceases to be payable pursuant to paragraph 4(4)(a), (b) or (c) of the Act, the chief executive officer of the applicant shall notify the Minister in writing or in an electronic format that is compatible with the one used by the latter.
(2) The notification referred to in subsection (1) must contain the following information:
(a) the full name of the child;
(b) the reason, under paragraph 4(4)(a), (b) or (c) of the Act, why the special allowance ceases to be payable; and
(c) the date on which the event described in paragraph 4(4)(a), (b) or (c) of the Act occurred.
(3) Where applicable, the notification shall also contain the name and address of the foster parent who has been paid the special allowance.
- SOR/97-35, s. 2(E);
- SOR/99-326, s. 2.
- Date modified: