119. All tolls shall be expressed in Canadian currency and may also be expressed in terms of currencies other than Canadian.
Manner of Tariff Filing
120. (1) Tariffs in any medium may be filed with the Agency provided that, where a medium other than paper is to be used, the Agency and the filer have signed an agreement for the processing, storage, maintenance, security and custody of the data base.
(2) Tariffs shall be maintained in a uniform and consistent manner and shall be numbered consecutively with the prefix “CTA(A)” and every issuing air carrier or agent of the carrier shall number tariffs in the carrier’s or agent’s own series.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F);
- SOR/96-335, s. 64.
121. [Repealed, SOR/96-335, s. 64]
Contents of Tariffs
122. Every tariff shall contain
(a) the terms and conditions governing the tariff generally, stated in such a way that it is clear as to how the terms and conditions apply to the tolls named in the tariff;
(b) the tolls, together with the names of the points from and to which or between which the tolls apply, arranged in a simple and systematic manner with, in the case of commodity tolls, goods clearly identified; and
(c) the terms and conditions of carriage, clearly stating the air carrier’s policy in respect of at least the following matters, namely,
(i) the carriage of persons with disabilities,
(ii) acceptance of children for travel,
(iii) compensation for denial of boarding as a result of overbooking,
(iv) passenger re-routing,
(v) failure to operate the service or failure to operate on schedule,
(vi) refunds for services purchased but not used, whether in whole or in part, either as a result of the client’s unwillingness or inability to continue or the air carrier’s inability to provide the service for any reason,
(vii) ticket reservation, cancellation, confirmation, validity and loss,
(viii) refusal to transport passengers or goods,
(ix) method of calculation of charges not specifically set out in the tariff,
(x) limits of liability respecting passengers and goods,
(xi) exclusions from liability respecting passengers and goods, and
(xii) procedures to be followed, and time limitations, respecting claims.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2;
- SOR/96-335, s. 65.
123. [Repealed, SOR/96-335, s. 65]
124. (1) A supplement to a tariff on paper shall be in book or pamphlet form and shall be published only for the purpose of amending or cancelling that tariff.
(2) Every supplement shall be prepared in accordance with a standard form provided by the Agency.
(3) Supplements are governed by the same provisions of these Regulations as are applicable to the tariff that the supplements amend or cancel.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2(F);
- SOR/96-335, s. 66.
- Date modified: