107.1 Where the Agency, by order, directs an air carrier to refund specified amounts to persons that have been overcharged by the air carrier for fares or rates in respect of its air service pursuant to paragraph 66(1)(c) of the Act, the amount of the refunds shall bear interest from the date of payment of the fares or rates by those persons to the air carrier to the date of the Agency’s order at the rate of interest charged by the Bank of Canada on short-term loans to financial institutions plus one and one-half percent.
- SOR/2001-71, s. 3.
108. Subject to paragraph 135.3(1)(d), this Division applies in respect of every air carrier that operates an international service, except an air carrier that operates TPCs, TPNCs or TGCs.
- SOR/96-335, s. 55.
109. An air carrier that operates an international service that serves the transportation requirements of the bona fide guests, employees and workers of a lodge operation, including the transportation of luggage, materials and supplies of those guests, employees and workers is excluded, in respect of the service of those requirements, from the requirements of subsection 110(1).
Filing of Tariffs
110. (1) Except as provided in an international agreement, convention or arrangement respecting civil aviation, before commencing the operation of an international service, an air carrier or its agent shall file with the Agency a tariff for that service, including the terms and conditions of free and reduced rate transportation for that service, in the style, and containing the information, required by this Division.
(2) Acceptance by the Agency of a tariff or an amendment to a tariff does not constitute approval of any of its provisions, unless the tariff has been filed pursuant to an order of the Agency.
(3) No air carrier shall advertise, offer or charge any toll where
(a) the toll is in a tariff that has been rejected by the Agency; or
(b) the toll has been disallowed or suspended by the Agency.
(4) Where a tariff is filed containing the date of publication and the effective date and is consistent with these Regulations and any orders of the Agency, the tolls and terms and conditions of carriage in the tariff shall, unless they are rejected, disallowed or suspended by the Agency or unless they are replaced by a new tariff, take effect on the date stated in the tariff, and the air carrier shall on and after that date charge the tolls and apply the terms and conditions of carriage specified in the tariff.
(5) No air carrier or agent thereof shall offer, grant, give, solicit, accept or receive any rebate, concession or privilege in respect of the transportation of any persons or goods by the air carrier whereby such persons or goods are or would be, by any device whatever, transported at a toll that differs from that named in the tariffs then in force or under terms and conditions of carriage other than those set out in such tariffs.
- SOR/96-335, s. 56;
- SOR/98-197, s. 6(E).
111. (1) All tolls and terms and conditions of carriage, including free and reduced rate transportation, that are established by an air carrier shall be just and reasonable and shall, under substantially similar circumstances and conditions and with respect to all traffic of the same description, be applied equally to all that traffic.
(2) No air carrier shall, in respect of tolls or the terms and conditions of carriage,
(a) make any unjust discrimination against any person or other air carrier;
(b) give any undue or unreasonable preference or advantage to or in favour of any person or other air carrier in any respect whatever; or
(c) subject any person or other air carrier or any description of traffic to any undue or unreasonable prejudice or disadvantage in any respect whatever.
(3) The Agency may determine whether traffic is to be, is or has been carried under substantially similar circumstances and conditions and whether, in any case, there is or has been unjust discrimination or undue or unreasonable preference or advantage, or prejudice or disadvantage, within the meaning of this section, or whether in any case the air carrier has complied with the provisions of this section or section 110.
- SOR/93-253, s. 2;
- SOR/96-335, s. 57.
- Date modified: