2.23 (1) For HVAC systems installed on or after the day of the coming into force of this section, the employer shall keep a record of the information required by section A-184.108.40.206 of Appendix A of the National Building Code and make the record readily available.
(2) In addition to the record required by subsection (1), the employer shall keep and make readily available a record of the normal hours of occupancy and the types of activities of the occupants of the building.
(3) In the case of HVAC systems to which subsection (1) does not apply, the employer shall keep and make readily available all records required by subsections (1) and (2) that are reasonably practicable to keep.
- SOR/2000-374, s. 2.
Operation, Inspection, Testing, Cleaning and Maintenance
2.24 (1) Every employer shall appoint a qualified person to set out, in writing, instructions for the operation, inspection, testing, cleaning and maintenance of an HVAC system and the calibration of probes or sensors on which the system relies. In writing the instructions, the qualified person shall take into account CSA Guideline Z204-94, entitled Guideline for Managing Air Quality in Office Buildings, dated June 1994.
(2) The instructions shall
(a) [Repealed, SOR/2011-206, s. 3]
(b) be readily available;
(c) and (d) [Repealed, SOR/2009-147, s. 3]
(e) specify the manner of operation of the HVAC system;
(f) specify the nature and frequency of inspections, testing, cleaning and maintenance; and
(g) be reviewed by a qualified person and, if necessary, amended
(i) when modifications to the HVAC system are carried out in accordance with section 2.22,
(ii) when the standard referred to in section 2.21 is amended,
(iii) when the an investigation carried out in accordance with section 2.27 has identified that a health or safety hazard exists, or
(iv) at least every five years.
(3) Despite paragraph (2)(c), if an investigation referred to in section 2.27 identifies that a health or safety hazard exists, the instructions shall be developed and made readily available without delay.
(4) The employer shall appoint a qualified person or persons to implement the instructions and make a report, in writing, of each inspection, testing, cleaning and maintenance operation.
(5) The report shall be kept readily available by the employer for a period of at least five years and shall
(a) specify the date and type of work performed, and the identity of the person who performed it;
(b) identify the components of the HVAC system or portion of an HVAC system involved; and
(c) record test results, any deficiencies observed and the actions taken to correct them.
- SOR/2000-374, s. 2;
- SOR/2002-208, s. 39;
- SOR/2009-147, s. 3;
- SOR/2011-206, s. 3.
- Date modified: