Marginal note:Valid up to three years
14. (1) Despite section 13 and subject to subsection (2), if a notice is delivered to the registrant under section 12 of the Act when a pest control product is registered or the registration of a pest control product is amended under subsection 8(1) of the Act, the registration becomes a conditional registration and
(a) the validity period must end no later than December 31 in the third year after the year in which the product is registered or the registration is amended; and
(b) subsections 28(1) and 35(1) and paragraphs 42(2)(c) to (e) of the Act do not apply.
Marginal note:Further notices under section 12 of the Act
(2) When a notice is delivered to the registrant under section 12 of the Act in relation to the reinstatement of an expired conditional registration or the continuation of a conditional registration after the evaluation of data, paragraph (1)(a) applies.
(3) Paragraphs (1)(a) and (b) apply to an amendment of a conditional registration.
(4) Despite subsection 81(2) of the Act, paragraph 42(2)(f) of the Act applies to all registrations referred to in that subsection if a registration decision of a type described in paragraph 28(1)(a) of the Act has been made and the validity period has been fixed.
Marginal note:No extension
(5) Subject to subsections (6) and (7), the validity period of a conditional registration may not be extended.
Marginal note:Automatic extension
(6) The validity period of a conditional registration is extended for a period of two years when the registrant complies with the requirements of the notice delivered under section 12 of the Act.
Marginal note:Extension for consultation
(7) The Minister may extend the validity period for a period of sufficient duration to allow the Minister to carry out the consultation required by section 28 of the Act, if the application to amend or renew is made before the end of the validity period.
Marginal note:Expanded scope of section 14 — associated products
15. (1) Paragraphs 14(1)(a) and (b) apply to the registration of any pest control product that contains an active ingredient in respect of whose registration a notice has been delivered under section 12 of the Act.
Marginal note:Expanded scope of section 14 — associated active ingredients
(2) Paragraphs 14(1)(a) and (b) apply to the registration of an active ingredient that is contained only in a registered pest control product in respect of which a notice has been delivered under section 12 of the Act.
RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION
Marginal note:Five-year periods
16. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), the registration of a pest control product may be renewed, on application by the registrant to the Minister, for additional periods of not more than five years each.
Marginal note:Renewal and delivery of new notice — conditional registrations
(2) A conditional registration may be renewed on application by the registrant to the Minister, and on the renewal a new notice is delivered to the registrant under section 12 of the Act and paragraph 14(1)(a) of these Regulations applies.
(3) Despite subsection (2), in the case of a conditional registration to which subsection 15(1) or (2) applies, no notice need be delivered.
Marginal note:Information required with renewal applications
(4) An application to renew the registration of a pest control product must be accompanied by all of the following:
(a) the information required by subsection 6(1);
(b) the statement required by subsection 6(3);
(c) the information required by section 8;
(d) if the Minister requests them, an electronic copy of the approved label and two hard copies of the marketplace label; and
(e) in the case of a registration that was issued in the circumstances described in sections 17.7 to 17.94, a valid letter of access, as defined in section 17.1.
- SOR/2010-119, s. 1.
- Date modified: