Marginal note:No inconsistent use
44. A foreign product that is exempt from the application of subsection 6(1) of the Act under paragraph 4(1)(d) must not be used in a manner that is inconsistent with the conditions set out on the own-use import certificate.
Notice of Import
45. A person or an organization that imports a pest control product under an own-use import certificate must notify the Minister of the importation without delay in accordance with the conditions set out on the certificate.
Manufacture for Research
Marginal note:Non-application of subsection 6(1) of the Act
46. Subsection 6(1) of the Act does not apply to the manufacture of a pest control product that is for use only in conducting research under these Regulations.
Marginal note:Specified purpose
47. For the purpose of subsection 41(1) of the Act, research is a specified purpose.
48. A person who seeks permission for a research establishment to conduct research must apply to the Minister to obtain a research authorization.
49. An application for a research authorization must include the information specified in subsections 6(1) and (3) in addition to all of the following:
(a) an electronic copy of the proposed experimental label;
(b) a copy of the research plan; and
(c) any other information described in section 8 that the Minister may require to evaluate the health and environmental risks posed by the proposed research.
50. (1) If the Minister considers that the health and environmental risks are acceptable and that the proposed experimental label meets the requirements of section 60, the Minister must authorize the use of the pest control product to conduct the research.
Marginal note:Issuance of research authorization certificate
(2) When the Minister authorizes the use of a pest control product to conduct research, the Minister must issue a research authorization certificate to the research establishment that sets out the conditions specified under subsection 41(1) of the Act, including those that relate to the experimental label.
51. A research establishment is exempt from the application of subsection 6(1) of the Act and section 48 if the Minister confirms under section 54 that the proposed research meets all of the criteria set out in section 53.
Marginal note:Notice and contents
52. A research establishment that wishes to obtain confirmation under section 54 must notify the Minister by providing the information specified in subsections 6(1) and (3) in addition to both of the following:
(a) an electronic copy of the proposed experimental label; and
(b) a copy of the research plan.
- Date modified: