Marginal note:Required information
31. (1) If a pest control product is distributed in a bulk container, the information required by paragraphs 26(1)(a) to (d) and (h) to (l) and (2)(e) and (f) must be shown
(a) on the bulk container; and
(b) on the documents that accompany the shipment.
Marginal note:Additional information
(2) If a pest control product is distributed in a bulk container directly to a user of the product, the information required by paragraph 26(1)(e) must also be shown in accordance with paragraphs (1)(a) and (b).
Units of Measurement
Marginal note:Metric units
32. (1) Quantities shown on a label must be expressed in metric units.
Marginal note:Decimal system
(2) The declaration of net quantity must be shown in the decimal system to three figures, except that, if the net quantity is less than 100 g, 100 mL, 100 cm3, 100 cm2 or 100 cm, it may be shown truncated to two decimal figures, and, in either case, any final zero that appears to the right of the decimal point need not be shown.
Marginal note:Net quantity less than one
(3) A net quantity that is less than one must be shown in the decimal system, with a zero before the decimal point, or in words.
Marginal note:Metric units
(4) The metric units in the declaration of net quantity must be shown
(a) in millilitres, if the net volume of the pest control product is less than 1 000 mL, except that 500 mL may be shown as 0.5 L;
(b) in litres, if the net volume is 1 000 mL or more;
(c) in grams, if the net mass is less than 1 000 g, except that 500 g may be shown as 0.5 kg; and
(d) in kilograms, if the net mass is 1 000 g or more.
Marginal note:Optional Canadian units of measurement
(5) In addition to being expressed in accordance with subsection (1), quantities shown on a label may also be expressed in the Canadian units of measurement set out in Schedule II to the Weights and Measures Act.
33. (1) The package of a pest control product must be constructed to contain the product safely under normal conditions of storage, display and distribution.
Marginal note:Safe access to contents
(2) Every package must be constructed to permit
(a) the withdrawal of any or all of the contents in a manner that is safe to the user; and
(b) the closing of the package in a manner that will contain the pest control product safely under normal storage conditions.
Marginal note:Minimize degradation
(3) Every package must be constructed to minimize the degradation or change of its contents.
Marginal note:When package essential to safety
(4) If the package is essential to the safe and effective use of the pest control product, it must be constructed to meet any specifications that the Minister may specify in the conditions of registration under paragraph 8(1)(a) of the Act.
- Date modified: