EMPLOYMENT EQUITY RECORDS
Marginal note:Contents of records
19. In accordance with section 17 of the Act, the Chief of the Defence Staff shall establish and maintain records that contain the following information:
(a) information indicating, for each Canadian Forces member, whether the member has identified themself as a member of one or more of the designated groups;
(b) the military occupation of each Canadian Forces member;
(c) the military rank of each Canadian Forces member as set out in column I of the schedule to the National Defence Act that determines that member’s salary;
(d) the promotion history of each Canadian Forces member;
(e) a copy of the workforce survey questionnaire that was provided to each Canadian Forces member and of any other information used in the workforce analysis;
(f) the summary of the results of the workforce analysis required by section 17;
(g) the measures undertaken in conducting the employment systems review;
(h) the employment equity plan of the Canadian Forces and the information used to prepare it;
(i) the measures undertaken to monitor the implementation of the employment equity plan in accordance with paragraph 12(b) of the Act; and
(j) the information provided to the Canadian Forces members in accordance with section 14 of the Act.
Marginal note:Retention of records after release
20. (1) Subject to subsection 6(3) of the Privacy Act and section 4 of the Privacy Regulations, the records containing the information referred to in paragraphs 19(a) to (d) shall be retained throughout the period during which the person to whom the records relate is employed as a Canadian Forces member and for two years after the date of their release.
Marginal note:Period of retention
(2) Subject to subsection 6(3) of the Privacy Act and section 4 of the Privacy Regulations, the records containing the information referred to in paragraphs 19(e) to (j) shall be retained for two years after the period covered by the employment equity plan to which the records relate.
Marginal note:Consultation process
21. (1) The Chief of the Defence Staff shall consult Canadian Forces members, and may consult representatives of designated groups, to obtain their views on and assistance in any matter concerning
(a) the implementation of employment equity in the Canadian Forces workforce and the communication of matters relating to employment equity to Canadian Forces members; and
(b) the preparation, implementation and revision of the employment equity plan of the Canadian Forces.
Marginal note:Consultation mechanism
(2) The Chief of the Defence Staff shall establish a mechanism for consulting Canadian Forces members.
- Date modified: