Designated Provisions Regulations
P.C. 2000-365 2000-03-23
Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to subsection 7.6(1)Footnote a of the Aeronautics Act, hereby makes the annexed Designated Provisions Regulations.
Return to footnote aS.C. 1992, c. 4, s. 19
1. The definitions in this section apply in these Regulations.
“Act” means the Aeronautics Act. (Loi)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport. (ministre)
2. (1) A provision set out in column 1 of an item of a schedule is designated as a provision the contravention of which may be dealt with under and in accordance with the procedure set out in sections 7.7 to 8.2 of the Act.
(2) The amount set out in column 2 or column 3 of an item of a schedule is prescribed as the maximum amount payable by an individual or corporation, as the case may be, in respect of a contravention of the provision set out in column 1 of the item.
3. [Repealed, SOR/2011-318, s. 801]
NOTICE OF CONTRAVENTIONS
4. A notice referred to in subsection 7.7(1) of the Act must specify
(a) the particulars of the alleged contravention;
(b) that the person on whom the notice is served or to whom it is sent has the option of paying the amount specified in the notice or filing with the Tribunal a request for a review of the alleged contravention or the amount of the penalty;
(c) that payment of the amount specified in the notice will be accepted by the Minister in satisfaction of the amount of the penalty for the alleged contravention and that no further proceedings under Part I of the Act will be taken against the person on whom the notice in respect of that contravention is served or to whom it is sent;
(d) that the person on whom the notice is served or to whom it is sent will be provided with an opportunity consistent with procedural fairness and natural justice to present evidence before the Tribunal and make representations in relation to the alleged contravention if the person files a request for a review with the Tribunal; and
(e) that the person on whom the notice is served or to whom it is sent will be deemed to have committed the contravention set out in the notice if the person fails to pay the amount specified in the notice and fails to file a request for a review with the Tribunal within the prescribed period.
- SOR/2009-292, s. 28.
Return to footnote 1SOR/86-596
COMING INTO FORCE
6. These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
- Date modified: