Withdrawal from Disposal Order (Wager Bay National Park, N.W.T.)
Order Respecting the Withdrawal from Disposal of Certain Lands in the Northwest Territories
P.C. 1996-1490 1996-09-24
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, pursuant to paragraph 23(a) of the Territorial Lands Act, is pleased hereby to make the annexed Order respecting the withdrawal from disposal of certain lands in the Northwest Territories.
1. This Order may be cited as the Withdrawal from Disposal Order (Wager Bay National Park, N.W.T.).
2. The purpose of this Order is to withdraw certain lands from disposal to establish the Wager Bay National Park.
LANDS WITHDRAWN FROM DISPOSAL
3. Subject to section 4, the lands described in the schedule are withdrawn from disposal.
- SI/99-109, s. 1.
4. Section 3 does not apply in respect of
(a) existing located or recorded mineral claims or prospecting permits in good standing acquired under the Canada Mining Regulations;
(d) existing permits, special renewal permits and leases in good standing acquired under the Canada Oil and Gas Land Regulations;
(e) existing permits in good standing acquired under the Territorial Quarrying Regulations;
(f) existing rights, permits and interests granted under the Canada Petroleum Resources Act;
(h) interests in lands described in Exhibit 2 of the Acquisition Agreement, dated May 5, 1988, among Her Majesty in right of Canada, the Northern Canada Power Commission, the Government of the Northwest Territories and the Northwest Territories Power Corporation.
- SI/2001-32, s. 3.
5. This Order ceases to have effect on October 1, 2004.
- SI/99-109, s. 2.
- Date modified: