11. Foothills shall, to the satisfaction of the designated officer, designate and train persons working on the pipeline to carry out the emergency procedures referred to in section 10.
12. Foothills shall take measures to maintain equipment and supplies intended for use in dealing with emergencies in proper working order.
13. Where any emergency arises in the course of construction or operation of the pipeline, Foothills shall forthwith advise the designated officer of the emergency and of the measures taken to deal with it.
SOCIO-ECONOMIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
14. Where Foothills gives an undertaking to the government or to any community or organization referred to in subsection 21(1) during consultations required by that section and the undertaking is accepted by that government, community or organization, Foothills shall, unless otherwise directed by the designated officer within 30 days of the giving of the undertaking, comply with that undertaking.
15. (1) Subject to subsection (2), where, pursuant to this Part, Foothills is required to submit a plan in respect of any matter to the designated officer for his approval, that plan, when approved, shall constitute Foothills’ plan for that matter and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(2) The designated officer may, on giving Foothills reasonable notice in writing, modify or vary any provision set out in a plan referred to in subsection (1) and Foothills shall comply with the plan as so modified or varied.
16. (1) Foothills shall, within 30 days of the coming into force of this Part or at such later date as may be fixed by the designated officer, submit to the designated officer for his approval a plan schedule that sets out the date each plan referred to in subsection 15(1) is to be submitted to the designated officer.
(2) The plan schedule referred to in subsection (1), when approved by the designated officer, constitutes Foothills’ plan schedule and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(3) The designated officer may, at the request of Foothills, modify or vary the plan schedule referred to in subsection (2).
Information and Consultation
17. (1) Foothills shall provide information in respect of the planning and construction of the pipeline to
(a) the Government of Canada;
(b) the government of the Province;
(c) communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(d) Indian, Metis and non-status Indian organizations in the Province;
(e) Indian Bands and Metis Locals; and
(f) any special interest group requesting such information except a special interest group that does not have, in the opinion of Foothills or the designated officer, a bona fide need for the information.
(2) The information referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided in a form and manner satisfactory to the designated officer and shall include information in respect of
(a) the route alignment and construction schedules of the pipeline;
(b) the anticipated impact of the pipeline on the communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(c) the potential opportunities resulting from the construction of the pipeline for the residents in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(d) the proposed use of any land or waterbody;
(e) any significant adverse environmental impact resulting from the construction of the pipeline;
(f) the opportunities referred to in sections 29 and 30;
(g) the opportunity for businesses in the Province to participate in the supply of goods and services for the pipeline; and
(h) any other matter specified by the designated officer.
- Date modified: