107. Foothills shall handle and dispose of any wastes containing a hazardous material in such manner as is satisfactory to the designated officer.
108. (1) Where required by the designated officer, Foothills shall
(a) inspect the operation of its liquid waste treatment facilities and the quantity and composition of effluent discharge therefrom; and
(b) evaluate the effectiveness of its solid waste management procedures.
(2) Foothills shall take such remedial measures in respect of solid waste management and liquid waste treatment as directed by the designated officer.
Granular Materials, Borrow Pits and Quarries
109. Where Foothills uses a borrow pit or quarry, Foothills shall minimize to the satisfaction of the designated officer
(a) the disturbance of the environment in the vicinity of the borrow pit or quarry;
(b) the amount of land used for the borrow pit or quarry; and
(c) the amount of materials extracted from the borrow pit or quarry.
110. Foothills shall, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, close or reclaim any borrow pit or quarry used by it.
111. Foothills shall leave a buffer strip of undisturbed vegetation of a width that is satisfactory to the designated officer between any borrow pit or quarry that it opens and any adjacent road.
112. Where Foothills uses a borrow pit or quarry within or adjacent to a waterbody, swamp, marsh, bog or fen, Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to protect wildlife, wildlife habitat and fish and fish habitat in that waterbody, swamp, marsh, bog or fen, as the case may be.
113. Foothills shall establish blasting procedures and schedules satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize
(a) any adverse effects on aquatic organisms, wildlife or livestock, and
(b) any interference with hunting, trapping, farming or grazing,
in the area through which the pipeline passes.
114. Foothills shall minimize, to the extent possible, blasting in or adjacent to any waterbody, swamp, marsh, bog or fen.
115. Where Foothills intends to blast, it shall advise persons living in the vicinity of its intention and of the time of intended blasting.
116. Foothills shall, when submitting construction schedules to the designated officer for his approval and when constructing the pipeline, take into account any particular environmental characteristics of any water crossing by the pipeline.
117. Where Foothills submits a site-specific design for a water crossing to the designated officer for approval, Foothills shall include in such submission information on the hydrological and geotechnical conditions at that crossing that was used by Foothills in preparing the design.
- Date modified: