61. Foothills shall take measures to revegetate land to the satisfaction of the designated officer, other than land used for the production of cereal crops, disturbed by the construction or operation of the pipeline as soon as practicable and in a manner that complements any other measures Foothills takes to control drainage and erosion.
62. Where land is to be revegetated pursuant to section 61, Foothills shall revegetate such land with species of plants similar to the species disturbed or, where it is not possible to revegetate with such species of plants, Foothills shall use seeds of certified status, satisfactory to the designated officer.
63. Where land is to be reclaimed pursuant to section 60 or revegetated pursuant to section 61, Foothills shall give priority to the following objectives:
(a) the control of erosion and its impact, and
(b) the restoration of the aesthetic value of the land and its grazing or forage production capabilities
and such priority shall be given in the order set out in paragraphs (a) and (b).
64. (1) Foothills shall from time to time inspect the erosion control measures referred to in section 59, the reclamation measures in section 60 and the revegetation measures referred to in section 61 and evaluate the effectiveness of such measures.
(2) Where, in the opinion of the designated officer, the measures referred to in subsection (1) are ineffective, Foothills shall implement such remedial measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer.
65. Where Foothills submits to the designated officer for his approval proposals for the design and location of a compressor station for the pipeline, Foothills shall, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, include in the submission the measures it proposes
(a) to control air pollution and, where possible, reduce any ice fog resulting from the operation of the pipeline; and
(b) to preserve the aesthetic value of the landscape in the vicinity of the pipeline.
66. Foothills shall, in the operation of a compressor station, take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize any adverse effects of air pollution and ice fog resulting from the operation of the pipeline on
(a) the health or recreation of any person;
(b) transportation; and
67. (1) Foothills shall, at each compressor station selected by the designated officer, sample and analyze air quality in the vicinity of that compressor station by a method and at times satisfactory to the designated officer.
(2) Foothills shall report to the designated officer, when requested by him, the results of the sampling and analysis referred to in subsection (1).
68. Foothills shall incorporate noise abatement devices in the design of any compressor station it installs for the pipeline.
- Date modified: