10. Foothills shall establish emergency procedures satisfactory to the designated officer to deal with any emergency arising from the construction or operation of the pipeline that may adversely affect the environment or persons who reside in the vicinity of the pipeline.
11. Foothills shall, to the satisfaction of the designated officer, designate and train persons working on the pipeline to carry out the emergency procedures referred to in section 10.
12. Foothills shall take such measures as are necessary to maintain equipment and supplies intended for use in dealing with emergencies in proper working order.
13. Where any emergency arises in the course of the construction or operation of the pipeline, Foothills shall forthwith advise the designated officer and the agency or ministry of the government of the Province specified by the designated officer of the emergency and the measures it has taken or intends to take to deal with it.
14. Where the emergency referred to in section 10 is a forest fire, Foothills shall make available to the Province personnel to assist in fighting the fire and any equipment or aircraft suitable for fire suppression owned or controlled by Foothills that is in the vicinity of the pipeline.
PART ISOCIO-ECONOMIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
15. Where Foothills gives an undertaking to any government, District, Council, community, organization or group referred to in section 19 during consultations required by that section and the undertaking is accepted by that government, District, Council, community, organization or group, Foothills shall, unless otherwise directed by the designated officer within 30 days of the giving of the undertaking, comply with that undertaking.
16. (1) Subject to subsection (2), where, pursuant to this Part, Foothills is required to submit a plan in respect of any matter to the designated officer for approval, that plan, when approved, constitutes Foothills’ plan for that matter and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(2) The designated officer may, on giving Foothills reasonable notice in writing, modify or vary any provision set out in a plan referred to in subsection (1) and Foothills shall comply with the plan as so modified or varied.
17. (1) Foothills shall, within 30 days of the coming into force of this Part or at such later date as may be fixed by the designated officer, submit to the designated officer a plan schedule that sets out the date on which each plan referred to in subsection 16(1) is to be submitted to the designated officer.
(2) The plan schedule referred to in subsection (1), when approved by the designated officer, constitutes Foothills’ plan schedule and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(3) The designated officer may, at the request of Foothills, modify or vary the plan schedule referred to in subsection (2).
Information, Consultation and Liaison
18. (1) Foothills shall provide information in respect of the planning and construction of the pipeline to:
(a) the Government of Canada;
(b) the government of the Province;
(c) the Peace River — Liard Regional District;
(d) the Northern British Columbia Advisory Council;
(e) communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(f) Indian, Metis and non-status Indian organizations in the Province; and
(g) any special interest group in the Province requesting such information except a special interest group that does not have, in the opinion of Foothills or the designated officer, a bona fide need for the information.
(2) The information referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided in a form and manner satisfactory to the designated officer and shall include information in respect of
(a) the route alignment and construction schedules of the pipeline;
(b) the anticipated impact of the pipeline on the communities situated in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(c) the potential opportunities resulting from the construction of the pipeline for the residents in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(d) the proposed use of any land or waterbody;
(e) any significant adverse environmental impact resulting from the construction of the pipeline;
(f) the opportunities for businesses in the Province to participate in the supply of goods and services for the pipeline;
(g) the opportunities referred to in sections 33 and 34;
(h) the plans made by Foothills for the provision of permanent and temporary housing for workers engaged in the construction and operation of the pipeline; and
(i) any other matter specified by the designated officer.
- Date modified: