168. Foothills shall maintain every road surface in such a manner that cross drainage is both efficient and effective without causing accelerated erosion or ponding.
169. Unless otherwise directed by the designated officer, Foothills shall install a bridge or culvert at every place where a road crosses a permanent or intermittent river or stream.
170. Foothills shall, where required by the designated officer, render any access road built or rehabilitated by it, other than a road to be used by Foothills in the maintenance of the pipeline, impassable and take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to control erosion of such road.
171. Foothills shall not construct or use a bridge over a waterbody that consists of logs on top of which earth has been placed.
172. Where Foothills builds any snow access road it shall
(a) locate such road in a manner that minimizes disturbance to vegetation; and
(b) breach such road, where necessary, in preparation for spring run-off.
173. (1) Where Foothills builds any ice bridge it shall locate such ice bridge in a manner that minimizes approach grades and cuts in the river or stream over which the bridge is built.
(2) Foothills shall not use debris or fill in the construction of an ice bridge referred to in subsection (1).
Machinery, Transportation and Construction Equipment
174. Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize the use by Foothills of machinery, transportation and construction equipment in any area other than public and access roads and the pipeline right-of-way.
175. Where Foothills operates machinery, transportation or construction equipment within any waterbody, such operation shall take place during such time and in such manner as is satisfactory to the designated officer.
176. Foothills shall equip and maintain all machinery and transportation and construction equipment with factory standard emission and noise control devices.
Inspection and Monitoring
177. (1) Foothills shall, in a manner satisfactory to the designated officer, inspect the pipeline and the land and water disturbed by the pipeline, evaluate the results of the inspection and, when directed by the designated officer, monitor the environmental impact of the pipeline.
(2) When requested by the designated officer, Foothills shall, within a reasonable period of time, report the results of the inspection, evaluation and monitoring referred to in subsection (1) to the designated officer.
178. Where the designated officer is of the opinion that the construction or operation of the pipeline has caused or is likely to cause a significant adverse environmental impact, Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to mitigate or remedy the environmental impact and to prevent its recurrence.
- Date modified: