11. Foothills shall, to the satisfaction of the designated officer, designate and train persons working on the pipeline to carry out the emergency procedures referred to in section 10.
12. Where any emergency arises in the course of the construction or operation of the pipeline, Foothills shall forthwith advise the designated officer of the emergency and of the measures it has taken or intends to take to deal with it.
SOCIO-ECONOMIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
13. Where Foothills gives an undertaking to any government, council, community or organization referred to in section 17 during consultations required by that section and the undertaking is accepted by that government, council, community or organization, Foothills shall, unless otherwise directed by the designated officer within thirty days of the giving of the undertaking, comply with that undertaking.
14. (1) Subject to subsection (2), where, pursuant to this Part, Foothills is required to submit a plan in respect of any matter to the designated officer for approval, that plan, when approved, constitutes Foothills’ plan for that matter and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(2) The designated officer may, on giving Foothills reasonable notice in writing, modify or vary any provision set out in a plan referred to in subsection (1) and Foothills shall comply with the plan as so modified or varied.
15. (1) Foothills shall, at such date as may be fixed by the designated officer, submit to the designated officer a plan schedule that sets out the date on which each plan referred to in subsection 14(1) is to be submitted to the designated officer.
(2) The plan schedule referred to in subsection (1), when approved by the designated officer, constitutes Foothills’ plan schedule and Foothills shall comply therewith.
(3) The designated officer may, at the request of Foothills, modify or vary the plan schedule referred to in subsection (2).
Information, Consultation and Liaison
16. (1) Foothills shall cause information to be provided in respect of the planning and construction of the pipeline to
(a) the Government of Canada,
(b) the government of the Province,
(c) the Northern British Columbia Advisory Council,
(d) communities situated in the vicinity of the Swift River portion of the pipeline and the communities of Teslin and Watson Lake in the Yukon Territory, and
(e) organizations of native people that, in the opinion of the designated officer, have a traditional or cultural interest in the Swift River portion of the pipeline
on the request of that government, council, community or organization except a community or an organization that does not have, in the opinion of Foothills or the designated officer, a bona fide need for the information.
(2) The information referred to in subsection (1) shall be provided in a form and manner satisfactory to the designated officer and shall include information in respect of
(a) the route alignment and construction schedules of the pipeline;
(b) the potential opportunities resulting from the construction of the pipeline for the residents in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(c) the proposed use of any land or waterbody;
(d) any significant adverse environmental impact resulting from the construction of the pipeline; and
(e) any other matter specified by the designated officer.
- Date modified: