3. These terms and conditions are added to the terms and conditions set out in Schedule III to the Act and shall apply to Foothills but, unless the context otherwise requires, shall only apply to the construction and operation of the pipeline in the Swift River portion of the pipeline.
Compliance With the Law
4. Foothills shall, in the construction and operation of the pipeline, comply with the laws of Canada and the laws of the Province.
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), Foothills shall, when entering into any contract with a contractor for the construction, operation or maintenance of the pipeline, require as a condition of such a contract that the contractor or any subcontractor of that contractor observe and comply with these terms and conditions.
(2) Where an application is made by Foothills to the designated officer to exempt Foothills from the requirement referred to in subsection (1) in respect of the observing of or compliance with any provision of Part I, the designated officer may exempt Foothills from that requirement in respect of that provision.
(3) Foothills shall be responsible for any breach of these terms and conditions by a contractor referred to in subsection (1) or any subcontractor of that contractor as if the breach had been committed by Foothills.
Assistance to the Designated Officer
6. When requested by the designated officer, Foothills shall give him any reasonable assistance that he may require to carry out his duties in respect of the pipeline and shall furnish him with such information in respect of the construction and operation of the pipeline as he may request.
Access to Right-of-Way of Pipeline
7. Employees or agents of the government of the Province shall, for the purpose of carrying out their duties in connection with the pipeline, be allowed reasonable access to any part of the right-of-way of the pipeline or to any other area where the pipeline is being or is to be constructed.
8. Foothills shall, at all times, save harmless and indemnify and keep Her Majesty indemnified against all claims, demands, actions, and costs or other legal proceedings made or brought against Her Majesty by reason of or arising out of
(a) the construction or operation of the pipeline;
(b) the escape, ignition or explosion, for any cause, of gas or related hydrocarbons from or in the pipeline on the lands of Her Majesty;
(c) any act or omission on the part of Foothills, its contractors and their subcontractors and its or their officers, servants, agents or employees in respect of or in relation to the pipeline on the lands of Her Majesty; and
(d) any act or omission on the part of any officer, servant, agent or employee of Her Majesty, in respect of or in relation to the pipeline on the lands of Her Majesty, not including such acts or omissions as would in law constitute gross negligence.
9. Foothills shall, at all times, pay to Her Majesty the amount of any loss or damage that has been suffered or sustained by Her Majesty by reason of or arising out of the matters set out in section 8.
10. Foothills shall establish emergency procedures satisfactory to the designated officer to deal with any emergency arising from the construction or operation of the pipeline that may adversely affect the environment or persons who reside in the vicinity of the pipeline.
- Date modified: