91. Foothills shall provide, when requested by the designated officer, evidence satisfactory to the designated officer that any archaeological and related materials, field notes, plans and maps, photographs, analyses and other relevant documents collected during the archaeological program referred to in section 90 are retained at a place and under such arrangements as are approved by the government of the Province.
92. Foothills shall report immediately to the designated officer any discovery of a historical or archaeological site and shall not disturb the site without his prior approval.
93. (1) In constructing the pipeline, Foothills shall avoid, where practicable, disturbance of geodetic or legal survey monuments.
(2) Where a geodetic monument is disturbed in the course of construction of the pipeline, Foothills shall report such disturbance forthwith to the designated officer.
(3) Where a geodetic monument is disturbed, Foothills shall, at its expense and in accordance with the instructions of the Dominion Geodesist, cause the monument to be restored or re-established.
94. Foothills shall, when constructing the pipeline on land comprising part of an agricultural land reserve or grazing reserve, take into account the provisions set out in the document entitled "Terms and Conditions for Linear Development in Agricultural Land Reserves and Grazing Reserves" issued by the Ministry of Agriculture of the government of the Province.
95. Where topsoil on agricultural land is disturbed or removed during construction of the pipeline, Foothills shall take such measures as are satisfactory to the landowner or tenant, as soon as possible after the disturbance or removal, to stabilize the surface or replace such topsoil of such agricultural land and, to the extent possible, to return it to its previous level of fertility.
96. Where, as a consequence of the construction of the pipeline a fence or gate is damaged or destroyed by Foothills, Foothills shall, in consultation with the owner of the land on which the fence or gate is situated or the tenant thereof, repair or replace that fence or gate.
97. Where Foothills requires access to the pipeline for the purpose of maintenance through land that is fenced, Foothills shall, in consultation with the landowner or tenant, construct and maintain a gate in the fence for such access.
98. Where Foothills has stabilized the surface of agricultural land and to the extent possible returned it to its previous level of fertility pursuant to section 95, Foothills shall
(a) inspect to the satisfaction of the landowner or tenant agricultural land that may have been or may be affected by the pipeline;
(b) report forthwith to the designated officer any evidence of any adverse environmental impact on agricultural land; and
(c) take such remedial measures as directed by the designated officer in respect of any agricultural land discovered by the inspection to be adversely affected by the pipeline.
99. Foothills shall minimize to the satisfaction of the designated officer any adverse environmental impact of vegetation clearing operations by Foothills, including such impact on erosion-sensitive terrain.
- Date modified: