69. Foothills shall, in the operation of a compressor station, take such measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize any adverse effects of air pollution and ice fog resulting from the operation of the pipeline on
(a) the health or recreation of any person;
(b) transportation; or
(c) wildlife and wildlife habitat.
70. (1) Foothills shall, at each compressor station selected by the designated officer,
(a) sample and analyze air quality in the vicinity of that compressor station,
(b) sample and analyze gaseous emissions from the compressor station,
(c) measure precipitation, wind speed and direction and air mass stability in the vicinity of the compressor station, and
(d) record the quantity and type of fuel consumed by that compressor station
by a method and at such times as are approved by the designated officer.
(2) Foothills shall report to the designated officer, when requested by him, the results of the sampling and analysis and measurements referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c) and the record of the quantity and type of fuel consumed referred to in paragraph (1)(d).
71. Foothills shall incorporate noise abatement devices in the design of any compressor station it installs for the pipeline.
72. Foothills shall, in the construction and operation of the pipeline, take such noise abatement measures as are satisfactory to the designated officer to minimize the disturbance by noise of
(a) persons residing in the vicinity of the pipeline;
(b) wildlife referred to in paragraph 74(a) in the areas of land and waterbodies during the periods of time described in the information referred to in section 74 in respect of such wildlife; and
(c) livestock in the vicinity of the pipeline.
73. (1) Foothills shall, when requested by the designated officer and in a manner satisfactory to him, record noise levels caused by the operation of pipeline facilities and equipment and shall report, within a reasonable period of time, the noise levels so recorded to the designated officer.
(2) Where, in the opinion of the designated officer, any noise level reported to him pursuant to subsection (1) disturbs or is likely to disturb persons, wildlife or livestock referred to in section 72, Foothills shall take such remedial measures to lower that noise level as are satisfactory to the designated officer.
74. Foothills shall, when requested by the designated officer and following consultation with the government of the Province, submit to him for his approval information in respect of those areas of land and waterbodies in which, and the periods of time in respect of those areas and waterbodies during which, the construction or operation of the pipeline may
(a) threaten the continued existence of significant wildlife populations; or
(b) result in significant adverse effects on significant wildlife populations.
- Date modified: