Regulations Respecting Zoning at the New Montreal International Airport (Mirabel)
1. These Regulations may be cited as the New Montreal International Airport (Mirabel) Zoning Regulations.
2. In these Regulations,
“airport” means the New Montreal International Airport (Mirabel), in Mirabel, County of Deux-Montagnes, in the Province of Quebec; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the airport reference points Alpha and Bravo described in Part I of the schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surface”
“approach surface” means an imaginary inclined plane extending upward and outward from each end of a strip along and at right angles to the projected centre line thereof, which approach surface is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; (surface d’approche)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport; (ministre)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary surface located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which outer surface is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (surface extérieure)
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport, including the runway prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which strip is more particularly described in Part V of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surface”
“transitional surface” means an imaginary inclined plane extending upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surface, which transitional surface is more particularly described in Part VI of the schedule. (surface de transition)
3. For the purposes of these Regulations, the airport reference points are deemed to be 234 feet above sea level.
4. These Regulations apply to all the lands and lands under water, including public road allowances, adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, the outer limits of which lands are described in Part II of the schedule, other than such lands as from time to time form part of the airport.
5. No person shall erect or construct, on any land or any land under water to which these Regulations apply, any building, structure or object, or any addition to any existing building, structure or object the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point any of the surfaces hereinafter set out that project immediately over and above the surface of the land at that location, namely,
(a) the approach surfaces;
(b) the outer surface; or
(c) the transitional surfaces.
- Date modified: