A.01.063. (1) Where the labelled net contents of a container of a food or drug described in subsection A.01.061(1) or A.01.062(1) does not exceed 60 millilitres or 60 grams, the inner label may show only the information described in paragraph A.01.061(1)(a) or paragraphs A.01.062(1)(a) and (b), as the case may be.
(2) Where the labelled net contents of a container of a food or drug described in subsection A.01.061(1) or A.01.062(1) exceeds 60 millilitres or 60 grams but does not exceed 120 millilitres or 120 grams, the inner label may show only the information described in subsection A.01.061(1) or subsection A.01.062(1), as the case may be.
(3) Where the labelled net quantity, in a container, of a food or drug referred to in subsection A.01.061(1) or A.01.062(1) is less than 30 mL or 30 g, the hazard symbol shall be of such size as to be capable of being circumscribed by a circle with a diameter of at least 6 mm.
(4) Where a container of a food or drug, described in subsection (1) or (2) is sold in a package, the outer label may show only the information described in subsection A.01.061(2) and, where applicable, subsection A.01.062(2).
- SOR/81-616, s. 2;
- SOR/92-15, s. 4.
A.01.064. [Repealed, SOR/93-243, s. 2]
A.01.065 (1) In this section, “drug for human use” means a drug that is intended for human use, whether the drug is
(a) a mouthwash;
(b) to be inhaled, ingested or inserted into the body; or
(c) for ophthalmic use.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), no person shall sell or import a drug for human use that is packaged and available to the general public in a self-service display, unless the drug is contained in a security package.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to lozenges.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), a statement or illustration that draws attention to the security feature of the security package referred to in subsection (2) shall be carried
(a) on the inner label of the package; and
(b) if the security feature is a part of the outer package, on the outer label.
(5) Subsection (4) does not apply if the security feature of a security package is self-evident and is an integral part of the immediate product container.
- SOR/85-141, s. 2;
- SOR/88-323, s. 1;
- SOR/92-664, s. 1.
A.01.066. Sections A.01.067 and A.01.068 do not apply to
(a) a drug included in Schedule I, II, III, IV or V to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act; or
(b) a drug that is listed or described in Schedule F, other than a drug that is listed or described in Part II of that Schedule and that is
(i) in a form not suitable for human use, or
(ii) labelled in the manner prescribed by paragraph C.01.046(b).
- SOR/2007-288, s. 1.
- Date modified: