16.2 [Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 5]
17. No person shall, during the period commencing on March 1st and terminating on May 31st in any year, fish with gear that is capable of taking any demersal species of fish in either of the areas bounded by straight lines joining the geographical coordinates set out in Schedule VI, in the order listed in each case.
18. [Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 6]
19. and 20. [Revoked, SOR/79-715, s. 10]
PART IIPACIFIC COAST
21. In this Part,
- “gill net”
“gill net” means a net that
(a) is weighted at its bottom and floated at the surface of the water by a cork line, and
(b) is used to catch fish by enmeshing them,
but does not enclose an area of water.
- SOR/82-771, s. 7.
22. This Part applies in Canadian fisheries waters adjacent to the Pacific coast of Canada to
(a) a foreign fishing vessel other than a foreign fishing vessel engaged exclusively in scientific research; and
(b) any person on board, being a member of the crew of, attached to or employed on a vessel described in paragraph (a).
- SOR/93-62, s. 20(F).
23. No person who is on board a foreign fishing vessel of a flag state set out in column I of an item of Schedule VII shall fish for the species of fish set out in column II of that item in the stock area set out in column III of that item during the close time set out in column V of that item.
- SOR/82-771, s. 8;
- SOR/93-62, s. 9.
24. and 25. [Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 8]
Incidental Catch Limits
26. Where a person is fishing for Pacific hake in sub-zone 5-1 or 5-2, he shall not catch and retain an incidental catch of a species of fish other than Pacific hake that exceeds 20 per cent of the weight of the Pacific hake on board the vessel or that exceeds:
(a) in respect of walleye pollock, 10 per cent,
(b) in respect of rockfish, two per cent,
(c) in respect of Pacific cod and ling cod in the aggregate, one per cent, or
(d) in respect of sablefish, one per cent,
of the said weight.
- SOR/82-771, s. 9;
- SOR/87-185, s. 5.
27. [Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 9]
- Date modified: