3. In this Part,
- “authorized topside chafer”
“authorized topside chafer”[Revoked, SOR/93-62, s. 2]
- “extension measure”
“extension measure”[Revoked, SOR/87-185, s. 2]
- “gill net”
“gill net” means a net by which fish are caught by being enmeshed but that does not enclose an area of water; (filet maillant)
“quota”[Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 2]
- “quota period”
“quota period”[Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 2]
- “quota table”
“quota table”[Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 2]
- “Regional Director-General”
“Regional Director-General”[Revoked, SOR/82-771, s. 2]
- “regulated species”
“regulated species” means a species of fish set out in Column II of Schedule III. (espèce réglementée)
- SOR/78-753, s. 1;
- SOR/79-715, s. 2;
- SOR/82-771, s. 2;
- SOR/87-185, s. 2;
- SOR/93-62, s. 2.
4. This Part applies in Canadian fisheries waters adjacent to the Atlantic coast of Canada to
(a) a foreign fishing vessel other than a foreign fishing vessel engaged exclusively in scientific research; and
(b) any person on board, being a member of the crew of, attached to or employed on a vessel described in paragraph (a).
- SOR/93-62, s. 20(F).
5. (1) Subject to subsections (3) and (5), no person who is on board a foreign fishing vessel of a flag state set out in Schedule II shall fish for or catch and retain fish of a species set out in column I of an item of Schedule X in a stock area set out in column II of that item during the close time set out in column III of that item.
(2) A close time set out in column III of an item of Schedule X applies individually and separately to each flag state set out in Schedule II.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), subsection (1) does not apply to a person fishing for squid by means of squid jiggers.
(4) No person shall fish for squid by means of squid jiggers in
(a) Subarea 3 from December 30 to December 31; or
(b) Subarea 4 from December 30 to December 31.
(5) Where, pursuant to subsection (1), fishing for a species of fish is prohibited in a stock area, a person fishing in that stock area for a species of fish other than a species to which the prohibition applies may catch and retain an incidental catch of the prohibited species if the quantity of the incidental catch does not exceed the quantities referred to in section 9.
- SOR/82-771, s. 3;
- SOR/87-185, s. 3;
- SOR/93-62, s. 3.
- Date modified: