SENDING OF NOTICES
18.1 Unless otherwise provided in these Regulations, every notice required by the Act or these Regulations to be given shall be sent by ordinary mail.
- SOR/92-578, s. 4;
- SOR/2005-168, s. 9(F).
DUTIES OF CLERK
19. The clerk shall maintain
(a) a cash book in which, on each occasion when a payment is received from a debtor or disbursed by the court, he shall record
(i) the date of the payment,
(ii) the number of the consolidation order in respect of which the payment is made,
(iii) the name of the debtor,
(iv) the amount of the payment, and
(v) particulars of the payment; and
(b) a separate consolidation account sheet and a separate register sheet for each debtor.
20. (1) The clerk shall deposit all payments on consolidation orders within the jurisdiction of the court in an account with
(a) a bank;
(b) a corporation other than a bank if deposits with that corporation
(i) are insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, or
(ii) are insured or guaranteed under a provincial enactment that provides depositors with protection against the loss of moneys on deposit.
(2) In this section, “bank” means a bank as defined in the Bank Act.
- SOR/84-356, s. 1;
- SOR/86-101, s. 1(F).
21. and 22. [Repealed, SOR/89-158, s. 6]
23. [Repealed, SOR/92-578, s. 5]
23.1 (1) The clerk shall deposit with the person designated by the province all unclaimed dividends and undistributed funds remaining in his hands and all interest, if any, on the money paid into court on account of the debts of the debtor and shall provide the person with a list of the names and the post office addresses, so far as known, of the creditors entitled to the unclaimed dividends, showing the amount payable to each creditor.
(2) The designated person referred to in subsection (1) shall, upon application by a creditor, pay to the creditor the appropriate dividend as shown on the list referred to in that subsection.
- SOR/85-737, s. 1;
- SOR/86-101, s. 2(F).
24. The costs of all proceedings before the court shall be in the absolute discretion of the court, but shall not exceed those taxable in a similar action in the court.
25. There shall be no costs in respect of a hearing before the clerk unless the court otherwise orders.
- Date modified: