3. These Regulations apply only to the marketing of hogs in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated in the Province of Saskatchewan.
4. (1) No person shall act as a purchaser, a processor, an assembly yard operator or a trucker unless he holds a licence issued by the Commission authorizing such an action.
(2) A licence referred to in subsection (1) shall expire on December 31st next following the day of issue.
FEES AND FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS
5. A licence referred to in section 4 shall be issued upon payment of a fee of
(a) $20 in the case of a purchaser;
(b) $20 per plant in the case of a processor;
(c) $20 per assembly yard, in the case of an assembly yard operator; and
(d) $10 per vehicle, in the case of a trucker.
6. No purchaser, processor, assembly yard operator or trucker shall hold a licence referred to in section 4 unless he is properly bonded and gives to the Commission adequate proof of financial responsibility.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSEMBLY YARDS
7. No licence shall be issued to an assembly yard operator unless each assembly yard that he proposes to operate provides the following:
(a) adequate protection from wind and sun;
(b) a concrete floor;
(d) water readily available;
(e) adequate pens;
(f) adequate loading facilities during all weather conditions; and
(g) tattooing equipment capable of producing tattoos that are clearly legible.
- Date modified: