Regulations Respecting the Information Required from Persons Engaged in the Marketing in Interprovincial and Export Trade of Greenhouse Vegetables Produced in Ontario
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Information (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations.
2. In these Regulations,
- “appointed shipper”
“appointed shipper” means a shipper in possession of a valid and subsisting certificate of appointment issued by the Commodity Board pursuant to the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Appointed Shippers’ Procedures (Interprovincial and Export) Regulations; (expéditeur désigné)
- “Commodity Board”
“Commodity Board” means The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Producers’ Marketing Board; (Office de commercialisation)
- “greenhouse vegetables”
“greenhouse vegetables” means tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce produced in the Province of Ontario in a greenhouse or any other enclosure under glass, plastic or other material used for the purpose of controlling temperature and providing protection for growing plants; (légumes de serre)
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of greenhouse vegetables; (producteur)
“product” means any quantity of greenhouse vegetables; (produit)
“shipper” means any person who offers for sale, sells, receives, assembles, packs, ships for sale or transports a product but does not include
(a) a servant employed by and driving a vehicle owned by a producer or a shipper,
(b) a railway company, or
(c) a person who transports the product by motor vehicle as agent of the producer. (expéditeur)
3. These Regulations apply only to the marketing of a product in interprovincial and export trade and to persons and property situated in the Province of Ontario.
FURNISHING OF INFORMATION
4. Every shipper shall furnish to the Commodity Board the information required as set out in Column I of an item to the schedule by the method set out in Column II of that item at the times set out in Column III of that item.
REPORT OF SALES
5. (1) Every producer who sells a product otherwise than through an appointed shipper shall report all such sales to the Commodity Board on the forms provided by the Commodity Board.
(2) Every producer referred to in subsection (1) shall deliver the report referred to in subsection (1) to the Commodity Board not later than Wednesday of the week next following the week in which the product was sold.
- Date modified: