Infant or Person of Unsound Mind Payment Order
C.R.C., c. 1600
ORDER AUTHORIZING PERSONS TO RECEIVE A WAR SERVICE GRATUITY ON BEHALF OF INFANTS OR PERSONS OF UNSOUND MIND
1. This Order may be cited as the Infant or Person of Unsound Mind Payment Order.
2. Where an infant qualifies to receive the gratuity or any part thereof, payment shall be made to
(a) the surviving parent of such infant, or
(b) where the infant is an orphan, to his guardian or any other person in loco parentis,
provided that, where any person authorized to receive the gratuity under this section is a person unfit for and incapable of handling money, payment shall be made to the Canadian Pension Commission.
3. Where a person of unsound mind other than an infant qualifies to receive the gratuity or any part thereof, payment shall be made to the duly appointed guardian or committee of such person.
MANNER OF PAYMENT
4. Payment of the gratuity under sections 2 and 3 may be made in a lump sum or by monthly instalments.
5. In sending the gratuity or any part thereof to a person on behalf of the person entitled thereto, there shall be enclosed
(a) a notice quoting subsection 5(3) of the Act; and
(b) a statement indicating clearly the beneficiary or beneficiaries and, if more than one beneficiary, the amount of the payment then being made on behalf of each.
- Date modified: