29. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
30. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
31. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
32. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
33. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
34. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
35. [Repealed, SOR/2007-128, s. 402]
SAFETY MEASURES DURING PROCESSES
36. Precautions shall be taken to facilitate the escape of workers employed in cargo spaces or bunkers in the handling of coal or bulk cargo.
37. (1) No cargo gear shall be loaded beyond the safe working load.
(2) No load shall be left suspended from any lifting machinery unless a capable person is present in charge of the machinery while the load is so left.
(3) Derrick guys and preventers shall be secured only to such eye pads or other fittings as are suitable for the intended loads.
38. Only capable and reliable persons shall operate lifting machinery or transporting machinery, give signals to a driver of such machinery, or attend to cargo falls on winch ends or winch drums.
39. Where goods are placed on a wharf,
(a) a clear passage leading to the safe means of access required by section 8 shall be maintained; and
(b) where workers are required to go between the goods and the edge of the wharf, a space at least 915 mm in width, clear of obstructions other than fixed structures, plant, and appliances in use, shall be maintained.
- SOR/79-784, s. 9.
40. (1) At hatches at which the processes are being carried on, free passage to the safe means of access required by section 11 shall not be impeded by cargo or other equipment.
(2) Cargo shall be so stowed that the safe means of access required by section 11 shall not be obstructed.
41. (1) Staging used in the processes shall be adequately constructed, supported, and where necessary, fastened.
(2) Staging used for carrying cargo between ship and shore shall not be so steep as to be unsafe.
(3) Staging that is slippery shall be sanded or otherwise made safe.
(4) Where a forklift truck is operating on wooden hatch covers, means shall be taken to distribute the weight so that a single hatch cover is not required to bear any wheel.
- Date modified: