12. Where a person is employed in an isolated working area, the employer of that person shall make arrangements to verify at reasonable intervals that the person has not been involved in an accident in that working area.
13. Any person who becomes aware of an accident or an injury to a person in a working area shall immediately report the accident or injury to the person in charge of the working area.
14. No person shall be permitted in any working area whose ability to work is, in the opinion of the person in charge of the area, impaired by alcohol or a drug.
15. No person with a disability shall be assigned to any work of any kind when, owing to the nature or location of the work, the disability is likely to endanger that person or any other person.
LIFTING APPLIANCES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT
16. Any person operating any lifting appliance or powered mobile equipment in a working area shall
(a) be a qualified person;
(b) comply with the traffic laws applicable in the working area; and
(c) comply with every notice and sign applicable to the operation of the appliance or equipment placed in the working area by the owner of the working area or by the employer of the operator of the appliance or equipment.
17. The owner of a lifting appliance shall ensure that a notice is permanently affixed to the appliance showing its safe working load.
18. No person shall be permitted on any part of any lifting appliance or power operated equipment while it is in operation except
(a) where safe accommodation is available thereon for that person; or
(b) where essential for the maintenance or repair of the appliance or equipment and safe access is provided for that person to perform such maintenance or repair.
19. (1) Mobile equipment shall be fitted with guards to protect the operator of the equipment from falling objects or shifting loads, unless the nature of the operation of the equipment makes the fitting of such guards impracticable.
(2) No person shall leave mobile equipment unattended unless the equipment has been properly secured to prevent its movement.
20. The moving parts of the machinery of power operated equipment shall be fitted with guards where such parts constitute a hazard.
21. Every deck of a ship, every wharf and every other elevated working area on which mobile equipment is used shall be fitted with guards that will prevent the equipment from falling over the sides of the working area.
22. (1) Every enclosed working area in which equipment powered by an internal combustion engine is used shall be ventilated to ensure that the carbon monoxide concentration in the atmosphere of the working area does not exceed 50 parts per million.
(2) No person shall operate equipment powered by an internal combustion engine in an enclosed working area unless there is at least one other person in attendance at the entrance to that working area.
- Date modified: