11.1 [Repealed, SOR/99-378, s. 4]
12. (1) Subject to subsection (2), where an elective participant is or becomes entitled to an annuity or an annual allowance under Part I of the Act, the contributions required to be paid by him pursuant to section 10 or 11 shall, unless the participant otherwise directs, be reserved from that annuity or annual allowance when it becomes payable to him.
(2) Where an annuity or annual allowance payable under Part I of the Act to an elective participant is not sufficient to pay the contributions required to be paid by him pursuant to section 10 or 11, the participant shall pay the contributions by sending them to the Minister annually, quarterly or in a lump sum in advance, at the option of the participant.
(3) A direction made by a participant pursuant to subsection (1) shall be in writing, signed by the participant and addressed to the Minister and shall have effect on and from the first day of the month immediately following the month in which it is received by the Minister.
- SOR/92-716, s. 8(F).
13. [Repealed, SOR/99-378, s. 5]
14. Where an elective participant has paid a contribution in respect of a period longer than one month and before the expiration of that period he becomes a participant, other than an elective participant, under the Act or under Part II of the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act, there shall be paid to him an amount equal to a fraction of the last contribution he has paid, such fraction to be determined as follows:
(a) the numerator is the number of complete calendar months remaining until his next contribution would have been due if he had continued to be an elective participant; and
(b) the denominator is the total number of calendar months in respect of which the contribution was paid by him.
- SOR/92-716, s. 4(F).
REDUCTIONS IN BENEFITS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
15. The reduction referred to in the definition “basic benefit” in subsection 47(1) of the Act shall be made on April 1st and October 1st of each year, whichever date immediately follows the participant’s birthday.
- SOR/78-785, s. 1;
- SOR/92-716, ss. 7(F), 8(F), 9(F), 11;
- SOR/99-378, s. 6.
16. The reduction in the amount that certain participants are required to contribute pursuant to section 53 of the Act shall commence on April 1st or October 1st, whichever date immediately follows the anniversary of the birthday of the participant on which he became eligible for the reduction.
- SOR/92-716, s. 11.
EMPLOYMENT SUBSTANTIALLY WITHOUT INTERRUPTION
17. Where, during any relevant period,
(a) a person has ceased to be employed in the Public Service and has again become employed therein, or
(b) the duties or conditions of employment of a person employed in the Public Service have altered,
his service during that period shall be deemed for the purposes of Part II of the Act to be substantially without interruption unless during that period he ceased to be employed in the Public Service and did not again become employed therein within three months from the day on which he so ceased to be employed.
- SOR/92-716, s. 7(F).
- Date modified: