36. (1) [Repealed, SOR/2002-346, s. 16]
(2) Where a licence or pilotage certificate is suspended by the Authority pursuant to paragraph 27(4)(b) of the Act, the holder of the licence or certificate shall take such further training as will enable the holder to meet the qualifications prescribed in paragraphs 25(1)(c) to (f) of these Regulations.
- SOR/92-680, s. 7;
- SOR/2002-346, s. 16.
37. Where a person who holds a licence or pilotage certificate is unable to meet the qualifications prescribed by subsection 25(2), he shall be required to take further training to ensure that his knowledge of the district or part thereof in respect of which his licence or pilotage certificate is in force, is adequate.
38. (1) Every holder of a licence or pilotage certificate who is performing pilotage duties on a ship in a compulsory pilotage area at the time the ship is involved in a reportable marine incident or reportable marine accident, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Transportation Safety Board Regulations, shall immediately, by the fastest means available, report to the Authority full details of the incident or accident, including information relating to any pollution or threat of pollution, if the ship
(a) causes the loss of or damage to any other vessel or to any real property located in or adjacent to the waters in the area; or
(b) is in any manner implicated in a reportable marine incident or reportable marine accident that may cause damage to or pollution of the surrounding environment.
(2) Where the report referred to in subsection (1) is not made in writing, the holder of the licence or pilotage certificate shall, within 72 hours after the time of that report, make a written report of the same matters to the Authority and to the Regional Director, Marine Services.
- SOR/2002-346, s. 17.
39. A pilotage certificate issued by the Authority permits the holder thereof to perform pilotage duties only on board the ship of which he is a regular member of the complement.
40. No holder of a pilotage certificate shall pilot a ship in more than one district or part of a district during a one-way trip, unless the holder has rested at least 10 hours between pilotage assignments.
- SOR/2002-346, s. 18.
41. The fees for licences, pilotage certificates and apprentice pilot permits and for any examinations and tests of applicants for licences, pilotage certificates or apprentice pilot permits are set out in Schedule III.
- SOR/2002-346, s. 18;
- SOR/2009-168, s. 1.
- Date modified: