Justice Laws Website
Welcome to the online source of the consolidated Acts and regulations of Canada. The consolidations are generally updated every two weeks.
The site provides several important features.
- As of 2009-06-01, all consolidated Acts and regulations are "official"
- A side-by-side bilingual PDF version of consolidated Acts and regulations
- Point-in-time access to consolidated Acts and regulations
- Links to "Amendments Not in force" and "Related Provisions"
- Shading of provisions in original enactments that are not yet in force
- Access to Information Act PDF: 696 kB
- Canada Elections Act PDF: 4393 kB
- Canada Labour Code PDF: 2111 kB
- Competition Act PDF: 1309 kB
- Contraventions Act PDF: 491 kB
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act PDF: 895 kB
- Copyright Act PDF: 1442 kB
- Criminal Code PDF: 8030 kB
- Divorce Act PDF: 426 kB
- Financial Administration Act PDF: 1315 kB
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act PDF: 1481 kB
- Income Tax Act PDF: 19272 kB
- Pension Act PDF: 750 kB
- Privacy Act PDF: 632 kB
- Youth Criminal Justice Act PDF: 1237 kB
- Statutes Repeal Act. The Minister of Justice has published in the Canada Gazette the list of provisions that were repealed on December 31, 2016, by the operation of section 3 of the
Statutes Repeal Act in the House of Commons on February 2, 2017 and in the Senate on February 7, 2017.
2017 Annual Report (PDF [400 KB])
The Minister of Justice tabled the 2017 Annual Report prepared in accordance with the
Justice Canada is seeking comments regarding the Fourth series of proposals to harmonize federal law with the civil law of the Province of Quebec and to amend certain Acts in order to ensure that each language version takes into account the common law and the civil law until May 1st, 2017.
- new look for the laws and upgraded to the latest version of the Web Experience Toolkit (WET) framework. The Justice Laws website has been updated to display a
- Date modified: