VETERANS’ LAND ACT FUND
Marginal note:Advances out of C.R.F.
6. (1) There may be advanced out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund such amounts as are required for the purposes of Parts I and III with the exception of amounts payable out of money paid to the Director for a special purpose, amounts granted under sections 45 and 46 and amounts payable out of the Veterans’ Land Act Insurance Account established under section 63.
Marginal note:Veterans’ Land Act Fund
(2) There shall be established in the Consolidated Revenue Fund an account to be known as the Veterans’ Land Act Fund to which shall be charged
(a) the remaining principal cost to the Director of all land, improvements, livestock and farm equipment owned by him on the 30th day of June 1965, with the exception of obligations incurred by the Director under sections 45 and 46;
(b) the principal balances on advances outstanding on obligations to the Director under Parts I and III with the exception of obligations incurred to the Director under sections 45 and 46; and
(c) every advance made out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund pursuant to subsection (1).
(3) There shall be shown as credits to the Veterans’ Land Act Fund all principal amounts received by the Director pursuant to Parts I and III with the exception of money paid to the Director for a special purpose, amounts received for deposit to the Veterans’ Land Act Insurance Account established under section 63 and amounts received under sections 45 and 46.
Marginal note:Advances not to exceed prescribed amount
(4) No advance under subsection (1) shall exceed five hundred and thirty million dollars less the aggregate of all amounts then standing as a charge against the Veterans’ Land Act Fund.
Marginal note:“Money paid to the Director for a special purpose”
(5) For the purposes of this section “money paid to the Director for a special purpose” includes all money that is paid to an officer of the Director under or pursuant to Parts I and III and that is to be disbursed for a purpose specified in or pursuant to Parts I and III.
- R.S., 1970, c. V-4, s. 6;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 78, s. 12.
PART ILAND SETTLEMENT ASSISTANCE
Marginal note:Training and instruction in agriculture
7. (1) The Director may make provision for
(a) placing veterans with selected farmers for practical instruction in farming, and
(b) supplying instructors and inspectors to assist veterans with information on and instruction in farming.
Marginal note:Arrangements for supplying instructors
(2) The Director may make such arrangements as he may deem advisable with any departments of the Government of Canada or the government of a province, the extension departments of Canadian universities and recognized agricultural schools and colleges, for carrying out the purposes of paragraph (1)(b).
- R.S., 1952, c. 280, s. 6.
- Date modified: