Marginal note:Authorization by Director
48.1 (1) The Director may authorize in writing any person, either by name or by title of office, and either generally or subject to conditions set out in the authorization, to exercise or perform any of the Director’s powers or duties.
Marginal note:Judicial notice of authorization
(2) Judicial notice shall be taken of a written authorization given under subsection (1) without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed it, unless it has been called into question by the Director or by a person acting for the Director or for Her Majesty.
- 2000, c. 34, s. 65.
Marginal note:Financial statement to be tabled
49. At the end of each fiscal year a detailed account of the financial commitments entered into and the expenditures made under the authority of this Part shall be laid before Parliament within fifteen days after the commencement of the next ensuing session.
- R.S., 1952, c. 280, s. 42.
Marginal note:Veteran a Member of Parliament
50. Notwithstanding the Senate and House of Commons Act or any other law, no veteran by reason only of his entering into a contract or receiving a benefit under this Part, is liable for any forfeiture or penalty imposed by the Senate and House of Commons Act or disqualified as a member of the House of Commons or incapable of being elected to, or of sitting or voting in the House of Commons.
- R.S., 1952, c. 280, s. 43.
Marginal note:Newfoundland veterans
51. For the purposes of this Part, the expression “naval, army or air force of Canada” includes any of the naval or army forces of Newfoundland, and domicile or residence in Newfoundland shall be deemed to be domicile or residence in Canada, but any benefits that would otherwise be available to a member of the forces of Newfoundland under section 11 or section 45 shall be reduced by the amount of similar benefits that he may have received from a government other than that of Canada.
- R.S., 1952, c. 280, s. 44.
PART II[Repealed, 1980-81-82-83, c. 78, s. 11]
PART IIIFARM IMPROVEMENT ASSISTANCE
70. In this Part
“cost to the Director”
« coût, pour le Directeur, »
“cost to the Director” means the cost to the Director of the land and improvements thereon, building materials, livestock and farm equipment sold to a veteran under a Part I contract;
“Part I contract”
« contrat selon la Partie I »
“Part I contract” means a contract entered into under section 11 or 26 or an agreement relating to an advance made under section 17;
« prescrit »
“prescribed” means prescribed by regulation of the Governor in Council;
« valeur de garantie »
“security value” means, with respect to farm land, the agricultural value thereof, and with respect to basic herd livestock or farm equipment, the resale value thereof.
- R.S., 1970, c. V-4, s. 70;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 78, s. 12.
- Date modified: