Liquidation and Dissolution
Marginal note:Definition of “court”
344. For the purposes of subsections 351(1) and 352(1) and (2), sections 353 to 357, subsection 358(1), sections 360 and 362 to 364, subsections 368(3) and (4) and section 373, “court” means a court having jurisdiction in the place where the company has its head office.
Marginal note:Application of subsection (2) and sections 346 to 373
Marginal note:Staying proceedings on insolvency
(2) Any proceedings taken under this Part to dissolve or to liquidate and dissolve a company shall be stayed if the company is at any time found to be insolvent within the meaning of the Winding-up and Restructuring Act.
- 1991, c. 45, s. 345;
- 1996, c. 6, s. 167.
Marginal note:Returns to Superintendent
346. A liquidator appointed under this Part to wind up the business of a company shall provide the Superintendent with such information relating to the business and affairs of the company in such form as the Superintendent requires.
Marginal note:No property and no liabilities
347. (1) A company that has no property and no liabilities may, if authorized by a special resolution of the shareholders or, if there are no shareholders, by a resolution of all the directors, apply to the Minister for letters patent dissolving the company.
Marginal note:Dissolution by letters patent
(2) Where the Minister has received an application under subsection (1) and is satisfied that all the circumstances so warrant, the Minister may issue letters patent dissolving the company.
Marginal note:Effect of letters patent
(3) A company in respect of which letters patent are issued under subsection (2) ceases to exist on the day stated in the letters patent.
Marginal note:Proposing liquidation
348. (1) The voluntary liquidation and dissolution of a company, other than a company referred to in subsection 347(1),
(a) may be proposed by its directors; or
(b) may be initiated by way of a proposal made by a shareholder who is entitled to vote at an annual meeting of shareholders in accordance with sections 146 and 147.
Marginal note:Terms must be set out
(2) A notice of any meeting of shareholders at which the voluntary liquidation and dissolution of a company is to be proposed shall set out the terms of the proposal.
- Date modified: