PAYMENTS TO PROVINCES
Marginal note:Distribution of revenue
99. (1) The Minister shall distribute, among the provinces from which the softwood lumber products originate, the revenue derived by Her Majesty in right of Canada from the charge imposed on those products under section 10 or 15, less any refunds and less the following costs incurred by Her Majesty in right of Canada, as determined by the Minister,
(a) costs incurred in the administration of this Act and the softwood lumber agreement, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Export and Import Permits Act; and
(b) costs incurred in relation to any litigation, including damages, in respect of this Act or that agreement.
Marginal note:Amount of payments
(2) The amount to be paid to a province shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
Marginal note:Regulations — general
100. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) respecting the duration, amendment, suspension, renewal, cancellation or reinstatement of a certification under section 25;
(b) prescribing any matter or thing that by this Act is to be or may be prescribed; and
(c) generally to carry out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Regulations — section 99
(2) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister for International Trade, make regulations establishing conditions to which payments under section 99 are subject and respecting the amount that shall be paid to a province under that section.
(a) has a relieving effect only;
(b) corrects an ambiguous or deficient enactment that was not in accordance with the objects of this Act;
(c) is consequential on an amendment to this Act that is applicable before the day on which the regulation is published in the Canada Gazette; or
(d) gives effect to a budgetary or other public announcement, in which case the regulation shall not, unless paragraph (a), (b) or (c) applies, have effect before the day on which the announcement was made.
102. The Governor in Council may, by regulation, declare that any of sections 10 to 15 cease to be in force on a day or days fixed in the regulation.
PAYMENT TO ACCOUNTS
103. From and out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund there may, on the requisition of the Minister for International Trade, be paid and applied a sum or sums for payment to any account as determined by that Minister in order to meet Canada’s financial obligations under the softwood lumber agreement, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Export and Import Permits Act.
- Date modified: