Marginal note:Re-appointment of director
13. A director on the expiration of his term of office is eligible for re-appointment to the Board in the same or another capacity.
- R.S., c. R-8, s. 13.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute director
14. The Governor in Council may, on such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council may prescribe, appoint a temporary substitute director if a director, other than the Master, is unable at any time to perform the duties of office by reason of absence or incapacity.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-9, s. 14;
- R.S., 1985, c. 35 (3rd Supp.), s. 11(F).
Marginal note:Vacancy on Board
15. Where the office of a director becomes vacant during the term of the director appointed thereto, the Governor in Council may appoint a director for the remainder of that term.
- R.S., c. R-8, s. 13.
Marginal note:Salary and benefits
16. (1) The directors shall be paid such salary as is fixed by the Governor in Council and shall receive such benefits as are fixed by the Board.
(2) Each director is entitled to be paid by the Mint such travel and other expenses incurred by the director while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties under this Act as may be fixed by by-law of the Mint.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-9, s. 16;
- R.S., 1985, c. 35 (3rd Supp.), s. 12.
STAFF OF THE MINT
Marginal note:Officers and employees
17. (1) The Mint may appoint such officers, agents and employees as are necessary for the proper conduct of the work of the Mint.
(2) The remuneration of officers, agents and employees of the Mint shall be a charge against the revenues of the Mint.
- R.S., c. R-8, s. 15.
Marginal note:Master, officers and employees not part of federal public administration
18. (1) The Master, officers and employees of the Mint are not part of the federal public administration but shall be deemed to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
Marginal note:Master and employees deemed employed in public service
(2) The Master, officers and employees of the Mint shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act, and the Mint shall be deemed to be a Public Service corporation for the purposes of that Act.
Marginal note:Contracting powers not limited by collective agreements
(3) No collective agreement entered into by the Mint with its employees pursuant to Part I of the Canada Labour Code shall prohibit or limit the power of the Mint to enter into contracts with any person to provide for the procurement by the Mint of any goods or services from that person or the minting of coins by that person.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-9, s. 18;
- R.S., 1985, c. 35 (3rd Supp.), s. 13(F);
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 224(E), 225(E).
- Date modified: